The Centre for Academic Excellence is delighted to announce that St. Clair College will once again host an all-day networking event to inspire faculty, by exploring a variety of topics pertaining to Teaching and Learning in Higher Education. As in the past breakfast and lunch will be provided by the St. Clair Centre for the Arts. We are planning opportunities to learn from one another and to connect with colleagues within the larger SCC community.
Here’s your chance to get involved in this year’s retreat. We invite Faculty to submit proposals for 50-minute Professional Development Workshops. Something excellent is probably happening in your classrooms; we’re interested to learn from you. This could be an individual effort: one facilitator – one topic; or a team approach: faculty from a specific program or department share their idea on one topic. Come on; don’t be shy.
- Did you try something new in the classroom that you had some success with? We’re all looking for new ideas for our classrooms; share your successes!
- Share your program’s strategies for success; what do you do as a team that ensures your students succeed? Let us in on your secrets.
- Do you have a unique approach to assessment? Share ideas for authentic or creative assessments, where students are completing unique projects to meet their learning objectives.
- Do you have a system for teaching on-line courses that works well? Do tell.
- Are you experienced in student mental health? What can we be doing to ensure our students’ mental health needs are met?
Faculty Resources & Support
St. Clair College strives for excellence in program delivery. Our commitment to excellence in teaching and learning promotes the development of our faculty and in turn student success. Based on our mission and vision, a primary focus for all College activities is providing an accessible, dynamic and supportive learning environment.
Committed to Excellence - The Centre of Academic Excellence strives to make all of the teaching and learning resources, workshops, and materials available and accessible for all faculty.