St. Clair College is excited to partner with Riipen, an experiential learning platform and marketplace for project-based learning. Riipen gives faculty the flexibility to embed experiential learning into courses and provides the tools for students to work as a team on real-world problems.
Riipen is available for all faculty, in all disciplines, working with all levels of students, in-class, online experiences, and remote internships. Riipen offers end-to-end support, including course project ideation and design, technical support and learner onboarding, and matchmaking with industry partners globally.
The platform enables students, educators, and organizations to connect through real-world industry experiences. Students acquire skills valuable in the workplace and get to build their employer network, organizations get to improve their talent pipelines and increase authentic engagement towards their brand, while educators provide great learning experiences for their students as well as grow their industry connections.
for Educators Video:
What does Riipen’s experiential project-based learning consist of?
Riipen’s experiential project-based learning is a teaching method that could be used by faculty to involve students in designing, developing, and constructing hands-on solutions to a problem with a company or non-profit partner. Using project-based learning, students can build upon their creative capacity by working through real-world problems. The students typically work on these projects in small teams.
Steps for Faculty to Get Started on Riipen:
1) Fill out this short Riipen Interest form (less than 5 minutes long) to provide our St. Clair College Riipen Account Manager, Harris Green, with a few details about your learning objectives. Faculty will be prompted to share a copy of the course syllabus (if available) and a few details about the course. Should faculty be unsure of how Riipen can fit in the course, faculty can choose to join an Info Session first through the form.
2) Faculty will be set up with a technical onboarding session with one of Riipen's Onboarding Specialists. They will be able to create a draft of the course posting on Riipen in advance, and will confirm these details with faculty during the onboarding, publish the posting, and assist faculty with requesting employer projects from Riipen's live marketplace.
3) Once published to Riipen’s marketplace, Riipen will get to work on matching faculty’s course with the best industry partners in Riipen’s network of over 10K employers.
4) Faculty will approve the company projects that they want to pair with their students based on conversations with the employers.
5) The students start working on the projects on a timeline that faculty determines. Student projects and communications with employers can be managed directly through their personal team page on Riipen.
Faculty will have a team of people who will monitor the course proactively and reach out to offer support if faculty requires it. For all technical support or questions regarding a Riipen course, faculty can email Riipen at email@example.com and a Customer Delight Specialist will be happy to help.
Should faculty have any general questions about how to get started, faculty can always email St. Clair College’s Riipen Account Manager, Harris Green: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Curious about how faculty can build an experiential learning opportunity into a Riipen course and start finding employers such as these for students? Click here to connect with St. Clair College’s Riipen rep Harris Green to tell him about the course so that he can help get things started!